Best Curling Iron for Fine Hair
A large part of your overall look depends on how you wear your hair. In fact, your hairstyle is a statement of the person you really are. If your hair is thin, you should really be looking out for one that suits your hair--the best curling iron for fine hair.
Choose to wear a different style each day and to achieve the look you desire, arm yourself with a curling iron. These days, curling irons come in a variety of sizes with state-of-the-art features to give the type of curls one wants.
You may have a vague notion of what you want in a curling iron. But do you know that the curling irons sold today are endowed with many more impressive and modern features that can make hair styling a dream?
To know what you should be looking for in a curling iron, read on.
Best Curling Iron for Fine Hair Comparative Chart
The Beachwaver Co. S1
Anjou Curling Iron
Best Curling Iron for Fine Hair Reviews
The market is rife with all types of curling irons, each with its own set of attractive features. We feature three of them for you to get an idea of what's best these days.
The Beachwaver Co. S1 Curling Iron
- Press a button and give yourself voluminous curls--that's how easy it is to use.
- Its Home button returns the clamp to the ready position after each curl is made.
- Its fast/slow slider enables easy speed adjustments, making it the easiest curling iron for newbies to use.
- The Beachwaver Co. S1 Curling Iron has an automatic rotating barrel produces consistent results as in glam waves or defined curls, as desired. This rotating curling iron makes the iron versatile in producing several types of curls and waves.
- It is time-saving.
This ceramic curling iron can give you the kind of curls you want on every occasion. It can give your long hair semi-sized natural curls, but not if you have very long hair.
On the flip side, if you have short hair, this iron doesn't work well to give you curls. For medium thick and thin hair, the barrel is highly effective in adding the right amount of volume.
BaBylissPRO Nano Titanium Professional Curl Machine
These barrels help you add volume to your hair, or curl or send your hair into spirals.
- It is ideal for coarse and thick hair since the iron reaches a temperature of 430° F.
- It produces one perfectly formed curl at a time.
- The MaxLife PRO brushless motor offers precision control, irrespective of the curl type.
- Hair drawn into the Nano Titanium curl chamber under heat gives out a silky sheen to the curls it forms.
- The iron allows you to choose the time, curl direction and temperature so you can have soft swirls, defined curls or loose waves.
- It even tells you when to let go of the iron for perfect results.
- It has four timer settings--Off, 8s, 10s, 12s, depending on the desired curls.
- Its three heat settings are 450°F, 410°F, 375°F.
- It heats up instantly and remains hot throughout.
- It is energy efficient due to its auto shut-off feature.
- It allows for curls to take any of three directions--right, left, alternate, for uniform and billowy waves.
The BaByliss Pro Nano Titanium Profesional Curl Machine, among the top rated curling irons for fine hair, gives you not just the flexibility to enjoy with your hair but loads of versatility too. A really good curling iron, it is endowed with three different barrel sizes, each of which can lock in place with a snap.
Anjou Curling Iron 1.5 inch with Tourmaline
- It is 15.2 cm in length and 2.5 cm in width, making it perfect for women with short and medium length hair. At this length, it gives full curls and ringlets.
- It takes just one minute to reach a temperature of 410° F, thanks to its ceramic construction. The ceramic coating also allows the user to operate the iron smoothly without tugging at the hair.
- It has a 360° rotatable power cord that can extend to 2.5 m, about 40% longer than others in its category. This makes curling very easy.
- Its stainless steel support is thermally insulated, which helps lay the wand down to cool.
- It provides safety while using with its thermally insulated wand tip which keeps scalding at bay. A heat-resistant glove is also provided, and it automatically switches off after 30 minutes of use.
- It offers three heating settings--fine, normal and thick hair--at temperatures ranging from 200° F up to 410° F.
- It is easy to use--just keep the power button pressed for two seconds to turn on the iron and adjust the temperature depending on the hair quality.
This is the best hair curler in the market today.
It gives you full curls and amazing ringlets and is just right for girls with short to medium long hair. Along with the iron, you get a heat-resistant glove, a manual and two curl clips. For all its capabilities, it is considered to be one of the best hair curling tools available today.
What Is Fine Or Thin Hair?
Fine hair usually strands which are exceedingly fine or thin in diameter. Such hair is likely to get oily & sticky pretty quickly. Hence they lack the bounce & volume like dense hair. As they're weaker than the regular hair type, they're far more susceptible to breakage & hair fall.
Thin hair owners usually complaint of a receding hairline pretty early than their counterparts, because thin or fine hair being excessively oily & vulnerable fall off much quicker than regular or other hair types.
So, here’s a list of common characteristics of thin or fine hair.
Fine hair, though can be dense hair but they're on much higher risk to fall off due to the lack of mechanical strength. So, you can have dense but fine strands. Density depends on the growth of new hair & is totally different than physical appearance.
This is the part where thin or fine hair owners’ give-up all hopes. Fine hair due to the natural scalp oil becomes oily & sticky within a day or two after a wash, hence mostly they appear totally volume less without any bounce.
Though they can be of any texture but usually they’re easily doused with the scalp sebum & become quite oily.
So, now you can easily hunch if you’ve thin hair or not.
Factors to Consider When Buying a Curling Iron for Fine Hair
Curling fine strands is a very difficult task as they need a lot of care from mechanical pressure, heat & chemicals. Buying a curling iron for the fine hair needs a lot of research & consultation from an expert.
Though there are many factors which effects the buyers' decision like – frequency of use, budget, brands & climate of course. Climate is actually one of the decisive factors affecting many of our choices without being noticed.
We all know that curling irons are the best beauty tools for styling hair with heat. It provides several types of curly hairstyles that you might like to sport--big or small curls, corkscrew or spiral or just messy waves.
A curling wand is designed to be as close to your hair's roots as possible without burning it or creasing the hair. And that's because you wear protective gloves while you work your iron.
Apart from the factors mentioned above there are few conditions which should be kept in mind before investing in the final product.
Here's a list of few things you should consider before buying a curling iron for fine hair-
Is it suitable for your hair type?
It's wrong to believe that good curling irons suit everyone. Oh no! Curling irons should be bought in conjunction with your hair type. For instance, if you have thick hair, use a small iron that reaches very high temperatures.
For long hair, larger irons work well as they give you the smooth curls you want. If your hair is of medium length, you can use either a small or big iron. For short hair, use a small iron as it can hold the hair in place before it gets curled.
Barrel material selection for fine hair
Yes, barrel material plays a very important role in maintaining the texture of the hair despite prolonged use. Sometimes the duration of the use is short, but the usage is frequent. Therefore this causes much more damage than expected.
To avoid any kind of damage due to overheating it's better to use the ceramic barrel. Ceramic barrel, unlike the iron barrel, reduces the risk of overheating eventually protecting the hair from damage as well.
Overheating makes the strands dry, making them prone to breakage & lack luster.
What size of curling iron should I use for fine hair?
This question often haunts the users when they decide to curl fine hair. So, to keep the curls in place for a longer duration, always choose the ¼ rod iron. Making smaller ringlets help them to stay in place even if the hair is thin & straight.
Curling irons are designed to be of various sizes, with each size working differently on different hair types. The demands of thin hair, for instance, are different from those of thick hair and so curling irons should be bought appropriately.
Straight hair are not easy to keep curled, small curls make them tighter than the usual waves. Hence they remain curled for a longer period.
The right temperature to curl fine hair
As fine hair is more susceptible to the damage by heat, the use of minimum heat is advised. However, the correct way to decide the required temperature is to notice the response of the tresses.
Start by using medium temperature, 200-300 degrees, if the hair isn’t turning drier or rough, you can increase the temperature if required. Though never ever exceed 400 degrees, no matter how much tempting it seems. High temperatures may give irreversible damage too.
Some precautions to save the hair from heat damage-
- Always use a heat protection serum
- Curl the hair when they’re not absolutely dry
- Reduce the frequency of hair curling.
Each curling iron brand works at a particular temperature setting. As a user, you need to know this setting before you buy the product for two reasons: one, to know if your hair can take that kind of heat; and two, if the iron can reach the temperature for the curl you want.
So, choose an iron with the most suitable settings, and you will achieve the most beautiful curls that will last you a few days.
Kind of curls
specific way of hair curling. By checking the barrel size, you can get the maximum benefits from a curling iron brand as this determines your curl size.
Usually, this begins at 2.5 cm.
Don't go overboard trying to get the best curling iron. By reading all of the above, you now know what will work well for you so you can buy a curling iron with the essential features.
Once you find a couple of good curling irons that fit your needs, check their prices and choose between them. Now, style your hair the way you want to.
With all the factors that influence the purchase of a good curling iron before you, you can buy one that's right for you and that reflects your overall personality.
HOW TO CURL FINE HAIR?
To curl fine hair, one must keep the following things in mind-
- Always use quality products on your hair as they’re vulnerable to breakage
- Try to use ceramic material barrels.
- Opt for small tighter curls than loose waves
Use a ¼ size barrel:
Smaller curling iron gives a profound grip to the curls.
Best way to avoid heat damage is to avoid curling irons or rods. Rather than opt for rollers, as they’re safe to use. Though rollers cannot provide much variety but still it’s a tried & tested pat top follow.
Yes, plaits at night not only gives a comfortable sleep but also helps you to have those amazing curls, without chemical & heat usage.
How to Take Care of Fine Curly Hair?
So, if you’ve fine hair here are some precautions to follow-
Don’t let your curls wither away, make sure they’re always being treated with kindness by you.
Buy Specific products:
Always but products prepared for your hair type. The market has a product for all your problems.
The shampoo is important, but daily shampoo will definitely robe off the natural moisturizer. Hence the hair looks brittle after 1 or 2 washes.
No wet hair combing:
Never comb your wet hair, this will make them break off far more easily. Pat dry the hair rather than rubbing them off with a towel.
If you want your fine hair curls always remain the way they are, try our tips
For someone like you who must look different every now and then, a curling iron is a must-have. And when curling irons are made into masterpieces, why would you not look at them seriously? After all, loose waves today would look as becoming on you as beachy waves tomorrow. Look carefully at the models available and make an informed choice.