The beauty of having short hair is that I actually can wash and style it at home! --Meagan Good.
I often get mesmerized by the hair styling of fashion divas and fail to understand how they manage their short hair curls so well, which I really can’t manage myself. But, recently I have seen one of my friends to manage excellent short hair curls by herself, and I was readily after to know here secret of hair magic. She disclosed me secretly that she has managed the magic with a curling wand.
I just felt terribly interested and intrigued instantly! As I am an avid lover of short hair curls, I wanted to buy the best curling iron for short hair immediately. But I got perplexed when online research revealed more than hundreds of options on screen, and I was clueless literally. Finding a wand for short hair is that tough!!
Fortunately, I have a hairstyle expert in my friend group, and I contacted her almost instantaneously. I wanted to know from her what makes a curl wand the best curling tool for short hair. The hairstyle expert lady told me that not only the size but the versatility of a curling wand for short hair is the USP for its functional success.
What she talked to me is the expected features of a standard curling tool for short hair. She guided me that not only the brand but the features of a waving iron for short hair should be checked in detail b before you purchase.
Frankly speaking, I was super excited after getting these buying clues and wanted to check online shops for finding the best curling iron for short hair.
But alas! Very few of the products met the basic points I was really looking for. But my diligent search yielded a fruitful result and I found three good curling irons for short hair.
Best Curling Iron for Short Hair: Comparative Chart
Best Curling Iron for Short Hair Reviews
Best For Long Lasting Curls
- Luxurious finish, professional results: Pearl Ceramic Technology combined with high temperatures and constant heat performance creates faster salon quality results.
- The barrel ranges from 1-1. Just wrap & go to create large, loose curls.
- Get professional results for every hair type with a range of heat settings up to 410F.
- Rapid Heat Up: It takes 30 seconds only for this curling wand to start styling.
- Digital Controls: Intuitive digital controls make it easy to find the right temperature to transform your hair.
Want to create salon quality gorgeous curls on your short hair? If yes, the Remington Pro 1-1½” Curling Wand with Pearl Ceramic Technology and Digital Controls, is one of the best options for you to buy the best curl iron for short hair.
This curl iron is small and sleek but don’t go on its size. The Remington Pro 1-1½” Curling Wand is durable, and the barrel is made up with ceramics that is easy to use, good to use, and energy efficient. It has an ergonomically designed barrel, and this waving iron for short hair is fully regulated by digital control.
There is always an unexpected chance to get your hand burned by the hot barrel of the curling wand. This Remington Pro 1-1½” curling wand for short hair comes with a specially manufactured heat protective glove, which you can use while using the curler for your hair treatment. The risk of getting burned is really manageable with this glove.
Best For Frizz Less Curl
- Tourmaline ceramic technology is used resulting in reduced fizz and enhanced shine of curls.
- 1" Barrel is useful for making beautiful Curls with an outrageous body.
- Highest Heat is set up to 400° F & advantage of dual voltage.
- Bonus heat protective glove for worry-free styling.
- Tangle-free 6ft swivel cord.
Don’t you feel that hair styling is the major part of your style statement? I find my short hair more manageable and more expressive of my persona which I love to display and cherish. But I used to feel dejected when I failed to impose the twist and tweak in my hair: I could not make the fusion of loose curls and great waves.
Are you facing the same cravings for a stylish hairdo with curls and waves? If you are on the same bandwagon, your waiting is over. Bed Head Curlipops Curling Wand for Loose Curls, 1" will be the best curling iron for short hair.
This curling wand is a versatile piece of curly hairstyle. You will get to make smooth curl and well-textured hairstyle that will look elegant but smart also. The barrel is made of Tourmaline Ceramic, and that will help you in making longer lasting curls.
The most important feature of this Bed Head Curlipops Curling Wand for Loose Curls is its quick turnaround time for making the curls. You don't have the risk of burning your fingers, the heat protective glove is there to keep your hands protected. The Swivel Cord is tangle free and a distinct advantage for using the wand curl on short hair.
Tourmaline Ceramic Thin Small Barrel
- Gets hot fast: this small barrel curling iron hair roller gets ready in almost no time, and it makes beautiful long-lasting curls.
- Adjustable temperature setting is a great plus: You can adjust the temperature with a range of 80℃-230℃: you can select the temperature according to your hair type and quality.
- Loose anti hop tip: The tip of the wand is loose, which will add extra convenience in creating loose and tight curls.
- Dual voltage advantage: The sleek curler is handy with 110 to 240V dual voltage range compatibility.
- Comfy hold handle: The handle is easy to grip and use.
- Long strong power cord: The power cord is 2.7 m long and its rotating feature will offer you excellent portability.
Want to buy a unisex, safe curling iron for short hair? No matter if you have dense hair or thin silky hair, 9 mm Unisex Curly Hair Wand Professional Tourmaline Ceramic Thin Small Barrel Curling Iron can be your ideal curling iron. It's smart and storage-friendly.
It has a small barrel which is easy to control, even for the beginners. You can make tight curls, and according to users' reviews, the curls stay longer than usual. There is a heating signal with a red blinking light, and its anti-hot feature is an added safety factor!
- Improved technology: The curling wand runs on advanced care ceramic technology.
- Versatile: Ideal for all hair types ranging from ultra-fine to thick and coarse.
- Long-lasting curls: The curler can create lively locks and they stay long.
- Safety accessory: The tool comes with free Bombshell Clip-less Iron Styling Glove and an Iron Pad.
- Durability: the gadget is durable and made with lightweight construction.
- Fast turnaround: while working, it will give you rapid heat-up and faster heat recovery facility.
- Added safety: The hair styler comes with an auto shut-off safety feature:9-foot and no-tangle swivel cord is a great plus.
- Warranty: Limited 2-year warranty.
Sultra the Bombshell Rod Curling Iron is built for bringing revolution in hair curling spree! Built with Advanced Care ceramic technology, the wand can style and shield hair at one go. There is a dual heater system in-built that can style your short hair is a customized way.
No matter if your hair is dull, damaged, or color-treated, Sultra the Bombshell Rod Curling Iron is a realistic choice with a dependable result. It works simply: wrap, release and then repeat. An internal auto shut switch is an added convenience.
The curling iron set comes with a 5-in-1 solution for styling your hair. Its full-barreled heating power and ceramic and tourmaline coating work together to create a curl that lasts.
This curling iron and wand set works equally well for all hair types, Especially more popular for short curly hair.
Tourmaline Ceramic Technology provides the best styling results by producing negative ions to seal moisture, protect cuticles.
The ceramic coating gives you a shinier, healthier finish to reduce hair loss and damage, without pulling on your hair.
With a digital LCD screen, The high-powered curling iron has 9 precise temperature settings. The dual voltage curling iron contain a 60 minute automatic shut off function and quick heating technology.
Rectangular 3/8 Thin Titanium Barrel
- It’s versatile: you may call it perfect value for money. It is appropriate for all types of hairs.
- Variable temperature control: adjustable temperature control is an obvious plus. The temperature range is 250°F to 410°F. The white LED ring will keep on flashing until it reaches its peak.
- Professional results in faster turnaround: The smart curling iron gets heated up quickly and you can make curls almost instantly.
- Purchase protection: The hairstyle tool purchase is protected by a 5-year warranty and 30-day money-back guarantee on users' dissatisfaction.
- Safe for all users:The curler incorporates safety features like burn injury protection, easy control over the wand, while the led light signal for charging, etc.
- Comfort features: The curling wand is easy to grip, light in weight. Comfort features like temperature setting customization and availability of heat resistant gloves are added to the convenience of using this hair styling tool.
Hair curling style may seem easy but in reality, it can be challenging enough unless you have a safe and user-friendly curler iron with you. But with CHOPSTICK STYLER HERO Curling Wand Iron, you can be somehow worried free. It has earned popularity in the UK already for some specific reasons.
It is specially made for women and regardless of their age, ladies can use this hair styling tool with ultra-convenience and great effect. Liked by professionals, this curling wand offers some special features that will take the user experience at a sheer height of perfection.
Hosen has made a unique professional curling iron for styling all types of hair. It helps you get curly hair that lasts all day long.
The 3/4 inch curling iron with tourmaline ceramic coating barrel will eliminate static and keep moisture by releasing huge amount of negative ions instantly while working.
The barrel also provides heat evenly with less hair damage effectively.
The curling iron adopts LCD display control function to achieve stable heating and precise temperature.
Dual voltage for worldwide travel and 60 mins auto shut-off + built-in clip holder makes this curling iron more safe.
8. Anjou Curling Iron 1.25 inch with Tourmaline
Best for a versatile hairstyle
- User-friendly and easy to grip.
- Suitable for all hair types.
- It can be used for making all types of curls and waves.
- It is safely built and hassle-free for operation.
- Different heat setting is an advantage that you will not miss to enjoy.
Want to make salon quality curl for all hair type? Usually, curling iron for short hair and curling iron for thick hair is slightly different, but this is not applicable for Anjou Curling Iron 1.25 inch with Tourmaline Ceramic Coating.
You can use the best curling iron for short hair style management. It's amazingly fast and easy to grip for its long barrel. Besides short hair, you can use it for medium hair length freely with good result. It gets hot in 60 seconds only: ceramic wand makes the hair-do smooth, damage free, and great result yielding.
Anjou Curling Iron 1.25 inch offers the facility of varied heat settings. No matter if you have thick, thin, or normal hair, this all-rounder curling tool for short hair will help you in creating the best curl with long lasting effect.
Feeling Impressed about this Anjou Curling Iron? Take a look at its full range of features, and you will get to understand why the curling iron for the short hair has earned wider popularity in its category.
How to Choose Best Curling Iron for Short Hair
Many factors influence buying a best curling iron for short hair. Run through this list to acquaint yourself with all the elements that you need to take into account before buying that one:
The Size of Curls You Want
How large or small do you want your curls to be? Barrel widths of curling irons range from 3/8” to 2”, with each iron producing a different kind of curl. For your short hair, it might be best to have tight curls, which would mean investing in a smaller barrel width. For loose curls, you’d need a large barrel.
- For thin hair: If you have thin and flat hair, use smaller barrels. Your curls will look styled even if your curls open up.
- For thick hair: It’s better that you buy a large barrel curling iron so that your hair stays curled for longer.
Choose An Iron With Variable Heat Settings
According to your hair type, decide the heat setting you will need. If you have flyaway hair, go for settings below 200 degrees or your hair will burn.
For curly, thick or coarse hair, you can take a maximum of 300 degrees.
Whatever your hair type, don’t exceed 400 degrees.
What’s Your Type of Curling Iron?
To get perfect curls, you need to know your short hair curling iron well. These gadgets come in a variety of shapes and sizes and are made of different materials. So, get a grip on the one that’s good for you:
- Ceramic and tourmaline irons: The best for your hair, ceramic irons emit heat evenly, while tourmalines are good for frizz control.
- Gold and titanium irons: Both are good heat conductors but do not protect one against frizz.
A Curling Iron or a Curling Wand?
The spring-loaded clamp of a curling iron helps to hold the curl in place. However, a curling wand doesn't come with a clip, which means you need to curl your hair around this gadget manually.
What Shape of Iron do you Want?
You can get curling irons in a variety of shapes, such as conical wands, straight, spiral or pearl or double or triple barrels, apart from flat irons. Each has its own special characteristics, so study them well before buying.
Check Out These Tools & Accessories: A Complete List of Tools and Accessories Need for Your Curly Hair
How to Curl Short Hair: The Best Way
It can be a challenge to curl short hair, but there’s a technique to it. So, if you get that right, your hair can look really good. Once you get the basic technique, you can use it to try out different styles.
Here’s the basic technique for you: "From NYC Best Salon Ouidad".
Wash your hair as clean hair gives bouncier locks. Blow dry it till it's about 90% dry. Apply serum to your hair to prepare it for heat styling. Use a pea-sized amount to your hair, adjusting it if it is slightly long.
Begin by parting your hair in sections. Now, spray your hair using a little heat protectant. Follow this up by twirling your hair around a 1.25” barrel. Keep at this until all your hair sections are completely curled. They may also be a little uneven, but don’t let that bother you.
Tousle the roots of your hair using your fingers. Shake out the curls so that the ringlets loosen. Create a little lift by mussing up the roots of your hair. Now, style your hair as you like. You can choose to leave it as it is and close using a little hairspray. Alternatively, add a hair accessory to enhance your style.
This will give you just the curls that you want—in size, shape, and texture. Go ahead and enjoy all the compliments you get.
Must Read This Article: How to curl short hair the right way
How to Take Care of Short Curly Hair: 5 Tips and Tricks
If you want to take the best care of your short curly hair, trust these tips given below to help you reach your goal. Try them out and see the difference:
1. Take the advice of an expert:
Don’t try anything on your own and damage your hair. Instead, speak to a hair expert and let this stylist give you the style you want that best shows off your curls.
2. Use good hair care and styling product:
Using the right styling products for your curly hair can show off your bouncy curls best. Ensure that your hair is well-moisturized by using hair oils and serums so that they are lustrous, healthy and frizz-free. Use a combo of shampoo and conditioner specific to your hair type so that your hair looks and feels great.
3. Stop touching your hair!
Your hair is at its best when you don’t mess with it by touching it. After a wash, let it dry naturally, but if you must use a hair dryer, remember to use the diffuser. Once your hair is dry, don’t unnecessarily meddle with your ringlets so that they keep their bounce and beauty. You can spray it a little to enhance its look.
4. Get into the pre-shampoo treatment for your hair:
The one step you need to take before shampooing is pre-shampooing and it involves softening and detangling your hair before you can shampoo it. Any rough edges to your hair will be removed at this stage if you use a good conditioner. Leave it on for 20 minutes and wash off.
5. Don’t shampoo your hair often:
You don’t have straight hair, so don’t shampoo it often, else the hair strands will stretch out and dry your curls. Instead, use conditioner often, even if you don’t shampoo your hair.
Don't Avoid These Tips: Curling Iron Mistakes
How to Style Short Curly Hair
That’s all for now! I found all these three hair curling wands perfect for wavy short hair management, but you need to select the best pick according to your hair type and your style need.
Unless you are on a tight budget, you must check for features, hair safety, and versatile hairstyle compatibility of the hair curling wand before you make the final choice. Price should not be the ultimate criteria for buying the best curling iron or wand.
If you want to buy the best curling iron for short hair or an efficient curing wand, you must know your hair type. The knowledge of your personal hair type and your preference are the two X-factors that will lead you toward the right choice.
However, we can assure you that these three hair curlers will not disappoint you and you can safely pick any one of these three models described here.
To Confirm Curling Iron Size, Read Our Guide About: Choose The Right Curling Iron Size
9 Best Diffuser For Curly Hair
7 Best Hair Fibers Of 2023 – Reviews & Buying Guide
I am learning to curl my hair. This Remington Pro 1-1½” Curling Wand came recommended from my hairstylist as an affordable but dependable option based on the style I am going for. I love it and am going to be buying the 1/2″ -1″ option as well. It heats up quickly. The controls are easy to use. I am looking forward to continuing to hone my hair skills with the help of this curling wand.
Perfect timing for this review! Love the 9mm Unisex Curly Hair Wand. I collect this model last week and it’s an excellent curler. Leaves my hair with nice tight curls. It works just as well and certainly has a better clip function than my more expensive curler.